The JA Student Ambassador Program is a leadership program for students, grade 9 to 12. JA Ambassadors are a select group of students who represent Junior Achievement in the community, while learning important skills like networking, professionalism, personal development, financial responsibility, and future-planning.
Through JA’s Board of Directors, Young Executives Board, corporate supporters, and local government relationships, teens are provided exclusive access to positive community role models and opportunities to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds. These hands-on experiences will allow opportunities to build self-esteem while practicing and instilling leadership skills including: time management, self-motivation, problem-solving, teamwork and public speaking.
The program is designed to teach and empower youth to become leaders in their schools and communities - now and in the future.
- The program runs annually from October through June
- JA Ambassadors will be invited to special events and speaking engagements to represent and speak on behalf of JA
- Sessions are held once per month
- Sessions typically consists of guest speakers and break-out sessions
- JA Ambassadors will meet and be paired with JA Mentors
- Have a 2.5 GPA and maintain while in the program
- Provide one letter of recommendation
- Can attend mandatory monthly meetings and training sessions throughout the program
- Positively represent Junior Achievement
- Have experience and knowledge of Junior Achievement programs
- Is Dependable, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Be comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Have transportation to/from speaking engagements
- Obtain parental consent
- Applications open from July 15th through August 31st
- To inquire more about the program, please contact Laura Bagheri at 619-906-4928 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org