Be a Hero to our Students at JA Finance Park!
Students will assume the role of an adult, tasked with balancing a monthly budget for themselves and their virtual family. They will pay taxes, invest their money, and make smart shopping decisions using tablets at our tech-based facility. As a JA Volunteer, you will embed your stories and experience as you help them navigate a month's worth of financial responsibility during their visit at JA Finance Park. No special financial expertise or preparation is necessary- a comprehensive training is provided for all volunteers!
- JA Finance Park welcomes individuals and groups to come volunteer. Click here to sign up today!
Important Volunteer Details:
- Time Commitment: 5.5 hours
- Start Time: 8:00am (varies)
- End Time: 1:30pm (varies)
- Location: Junior Achievement of San Diego County, 4756 Mission Gorge Place, San Diego, CA 92120
- 1 hour volunteer training takes place before student arrival
- Lead a group of 8-12 students through the tablet-based simulation
- Monitor students' progress
- Facilitate discussion
- Have fun! Share about your career, financial pitfalls and successes - share your story!