Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the enrollment for each week of camp?
There are 90 kids each week of camp.
- Where is the camp held?
Summer camp is held at our Junior
Achievement facility here in Mission Valley. The address is: 4756 Mission Gorge Place, San Diego, CA 92120.
- How many camp counselors run the program?
There are 10 counselors who work with the
kids during the week. Each counselor is assigned a group of 8 to10 kids for when we
break out into smaller groups for icebreakers, lessons etc.
- Does my child need to bring a lunch?
Yes, your child needs to bring a sack lunch
Monday through Thursday. Friday we do a camp "Pizza Party!"
- Is the entire camp just JA BizTown related?
No, there are other lessons we go through that
don’t directly relate to running BizTown. For example, "Producer’s Place" lets the kids imagine a new business. They
complete a business plan and build a prototype product.
- When do the kids get to run JA BizTown?
On Friday. The last day of camp the kids
run the town in their assigned businesses.
- Does my child get the job he/she wants?
The job selection is done by the staff. They try and pick a job that falls into the students top 3 job choices. The
kids throughout the week take fun “skill assessments,” tour classifieds of the
available jobs, fill out a job application and go on a real one-on-one
interviews which help decide job selection.
- Is there before or after care?
Unfortunately, we don’t offer any before or after care for this program.
- Are there scholarships, payment plans, and/or sibling discounts available? Unfortunately, we can not offer scholarships or alternative payment options at this time