Junior Achievement will engage, educate and inspire students and young adults to become more involved in their community. Through participation in this program, student ambassadors will obtain and learn leadership skills, how a nonprofit organization works and how to develop, promote, and implement their ideas.
We are recruiting young adults in 9th - 12th grades to join our life changing Student Ambassador program. JA Ambassadors are a select group of students who represent Junior Achievement in the community, while learning important skills, such as, networking, professionalism & personal development, financial responsibility, future-planning, empathy and a desire for community service. The program is designed to teach and empower youth to become leaders in their schools and communities - now and in the future.
Through JA’s Board of Directors, Young Executives Board, corporate supporters, and local government relationships, teens are provided exclusive access to positive community role models and opportunities to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds. These hands-on experiences will allow opportunities to build self-esteem while practicing and instilling leadership skills including: time management, self-motivation, problem-solving, teamwork and public speaking.
- Have a 2.5 GPA and maintain while in the program
- Provide a letter of recommendation from at least one teacher, volunteer or principal
- Must be available to attend mandatory monthly meetings and training sessions throughout the program
- Enthusiasm to positively represent Junior Achievement
- Experience and knowledge of Junior Achievement programs
- Dependable, outgoing, and enthusiastic
- Be comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Have transportation to/from speaking engagement
- Obtain parental consent
2017-2018 Monthly Agenda
If you know or would like to recommend a student currently in 9th - 12th grade for this unique program or have any questions, please contact Laura Bagheri at 619-906-4928 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org