Give your students an experience that will impact their future educational and professional choices!
Financial Literacy l Community & Economy l Work Readiness l Business Management
- JA BizTown combines in-class learning with a daylong visit to a simulated, fully interactivetown. The program helps students make the connection between what they learn in school andthe real world.
- The JA BizTown program includes 13 required teacher-taught, in-class lessons. The programculminates with students participating in the hands-on simulated community, either at aJA BizTown facility or at a mobile unit. An in-class debriefing lesson helps students constructmeaning from their experience. Additional extension activities are available for each topic.
Following participation in the JA BizTown experience, students will be able to:
- Discuss the roles they as citizens play in their community as workers and consumersand relate these personal roles to the free enterprise system.
- Discuss the importance of citizen rights and responsibilities in a community.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the free enterprise system.
- Explain the importance of philanthropy in our communities.
- Build money management skills through a practical knowledge of economic conceptsand banking practices.
- Develop an understanding of basic business practices and responsibilities.
- Display the soft skills necessary for successful participation in the world of work.
- Each year, we reach approximately 18,800 fifth grade students from over 220 elementary schools across San Diego county, and that is all because 500-600 teachers such as yourself commit to participating in the program and providing this unique opportunity to their students.
If you would like more information in regards to how your school can be a part of this impactful experience, please contact:
Deanne Markle | McGrath Family JA
Direct 619.906.4905 | Office 619.682.5155 ext. 105 | Fax 619.682.5159 | email@example.com
Junior Achievement: empowering young people to own their economic success.